SAE J-1 Visa Program includes:
- Enrollment in a U.S. public high school for one or two semesters
- Room and board with a volunteer host family
- Orientation training after student’s arrival in the U.S.
- Support and contact with an SAE Local Coordinator and Regional Program Coordinator
- Regular Program Evaluation
- Departure training prior to the end of the school year
- Health and accident insurance
- Airport pick-up and drop off for arrival and departure from the program
- DS-2019 support for J-1 Visa applications
The program excludes:
- International and domestic air travel
- School fees
- Additional activity fees
- Lunch at school
- Personal money
Students should be prepared to provide for their own personal expenses and for any meals outside of those eaten with the host family. Placements in our J-1 Visa program are determined by school and host family availability. Students should be prepared to be placed in any region in the continental United States.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please fill out our inquiry form to the right, and an SAE Program Coordinator will get in touch with you within 48 business hours.
The Department of State implemented a toll free number (1-866-283-9090) for secondary school students, which was effective August 1, 2009. The toll free number can be used by host families, exchange students, and the public to report circumstances impacting the students’ health, safety, and well-being during their exchange visitor programs. You can also email the Department at email@example.com.Read More
Study Abroad programs give US students the opportunity to fully immerse themselves in Chinese culture for two weeks. Study Abroad offers intensive language courses and cultural learning opportunities!
SAE hopes to launch its Study Abroad program in the summer of 2016!Read More
Student Ambassador Exchange (SAE) offers internship programs for international college students to study for six months in the United States. With our partner organizations, our internship program offers:
- Quality internship opportunities
- J-1 Visa sponsorship for 6 months
- Health insurance
- Housing location assistance
Student Ambassador Exchange (SAE) offers you the opportunity gain valuable work place experience in the United States! We offer opportunities in major cities and areas throughout the U.S..
With offices in the United States and abroad, we are ideally qualified to help you find an internship that will sharpen your job skills and get your resume noticed!
Let us help you by placing you with one of the many organizations seeking international interns today!
- Currently enrolled in and pursuing studies at a degree or certificate granting post-secondary academic institution outside of the United States
- Graduated from such an institution no more than 12 months prior to the program start date, and intend to enter the Unites States to participate in a guided work-based internship program specific to the student’s specific academic field
- Application Fee: $120
- Program Fee: $5000 (Includes Finding and Placement fee, and mandatory health insurance)
- J-1 Visa Fee Six Months: $2200
- SEVIS Fee: approx. $180
- US Embassy Interview: approx. $160
- Flight costs
- Food and lodging costs
Step 1: Pay the non-refundable $120 application fee
Step 2: Upload documents
- University Transcript
- Cover Letter (describing type of internship you want and how your background and education supports your desires)
- PDF of your passport photo and signature page
- Two letters of references
Step 3: Receive authorization for online signature forms with our partner agency after review of your application materials
Step 4: Digitally sign the a) Internship Agreement, b) the Refund Policy & Withdrawal Fees Documents and c) Liability Waiver
Step 5: Complete the online questionnaire
ACCEPTANCE DECISION IS MADE
Step 1: Submit refundable $2000 deposit (fee will be refunded if we are unable to secure a placement for you)
Step 2: Telephone or Skype interview with your company
Step 3: Placement is secured
Step 4: Submit Program fee balance of $3000 (total program fee is $5000)
Step 5: Submit Visa fees (6 month Visa fee is $2200)
Step 6: DS-2019 issued by our partner office and mailed to applicant
Step 7: Complete I-901 form and pay SEVIS fee to the State Department
Step 8: Schedule an interview with the nearest U.S. consulate
Step 9: J-1 visa is approved
Step 10: Book flights and make final arrangements for the trip to the USA!
We would love to hear from you! Please fill out this form and we will get in touch with you shortly.
Student Ambassador Exchange is looking forward to a new year and its launch of the following services: Homestay Program, Internship Program, and Cultural Exchange Program. Keep reading to find out more about these programs and what we can offer you!Read More